• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoaxley

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoaxley

Has anyone had any success with this agent.

They seem to employ every trick in the book, i.e.:

Extracting who and where you are interviewing at.
    Promising they have sent your CV when they havent.
    Only calling you when they want information.
    Being on holiday even though they posted a job on Jobserve 10 minutes ago.
    Ignoring online applications from Jobserve even though you are perfect for the role.

How do these cowboys stay in business?
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

I think there were several posts here about a year ago about these goons. Wasnt too flattering either.

Mind you...anyone with the word Hoax in their name HAS to be dodgy.

Mailman

Comment

Santa Claus, you sound suprised that they act like this!

Comment

That's them. They employ wide-boys who graduated with honours in wide-boyism from wide-boy university in wide-boyville.

One day I'll be shocked when they call with a genuine prospect.

Comment

Compared to my recent experiences, that sounds like one of the better agents.

Par for the course, Santa.

Comment

They just seem to be the worst agency I have ever come across.

When I was in work, I used to get creepy phone calls from them trying to find out information. Now I'm actually looking for a contract, they seem to be permanently unobtainable.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Useful tip

Hoaxley. Don't return their calls. Don't respond to their adverts. Don't ring them. Don't email them. Ignore them. Life will suddenly become a little easier.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Huxely are the worst agent I have ever dealt with, they seem to focus on the area I work in, but I would never touch them. Even before I saw this thread I have been actively telling people I know doing my kind of stuff to avoid this lot.

Though I cant be 100% sure and I may be wrong, in my opionion most of there ads are for jobs that DONT exisit.

Comment

Have you considered that they could merely be posing as an IT recruitment Agency and they are no less than an IR investigation office in disguise who target contractors for their CVs which could raise some interesting questons, yes questions ...

...oh and a Merry Christmas !

PS when dealing with agencies, Better the Devil you know...

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                    Have you considered that they could merely be posing as an IT recruitment Agency and they are no less than an IR investigation office in disguise who target contractors for their CVs which could raise some interesting questons, yes questions ...

...oh and a Merry Christmas !

PS when dealing with agencies, Better the Devil you know...

mmmmmmm no

Check out Huxley web site, somehow they seem to have the best jobs at the best banks at the best money, funny that I smell bulllllllll shhh*tttttttttt

Comment

Working...
                    X