• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anybody know how

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know how

to get good rates at Astra Zeneca?

I've just had an email from an agent wanting to pay me 225 a day.

Below is my response

Thanks for your mail. I'd be happy to work for AZ again, but not at the rate quoted. My rate for commutable work starts at XXX a day. Currently I'm on XXX a day at XXX, but this obviously takes into account the high costs associated with being in Geneva on a weekly basis. Unfortunately until AZ start looking at paying realistic rates then I doubt I will be working for them in the near future which is a pity as I have a lot of pharma experience and like working in the industry. Perhaps somebody should tell their HR department that rates aimed at the bottom end of the pay scale will not get them the caliber of contractors they want.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Plenty cheapness.

Comment

24 from India have just phoned AZ offering services. The rate is now 200.

Comment

Buy an Elephant and change your name to Bob.

Btw, have you thought it may be the agent taking the piss?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

to get good rates at Astra Zeneca? ..
          Let me know if you find out, because I'm being put forward for a perl contract at their site near Alderley Edge.

But as the role apparently requires extensive pharma experience, I'm not very likely to get it unless they ease their ridiculously stringent requirements.

(I mean is it very likely someone with a degree in pharmacology would be an IT contractor? Surely they would become a pharmacist, or even go into medicine. )
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Let me know if you find out, because I'm being put forward for a perl contract at their site near Alderley Edge.

But as the role apparently requires extensive pharma experience, I'm not very likely to get it unless they ease their ridiculously stringent requirements.

(I mean is it very likely someone with a degree in pharmacology would be an IT contractor? Surely they would become a pharmacist, or even go into medicine. )
            Bloke opposite me has a degree in just that. Annoying twonk.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

That is the point with AZ. They release stupid job specs and then offer crap money. I've worked for them twice and both times the money was rubbish, but it was the case that it tided me over while I was waiting for other things. When the better things came along I promptly left. I also have a certain amount of pharma background having worked at GSK, AZ and Valeant in the US.

Also they should be aware that they are the only big pharma company based in the north - with that in mind it's obvious that finding a contractor with a lot of pharma experience in the North West is going to be tricky

Will that be their main Alderly Edge site or Tytherington? The food at Tytherington is rubbish!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                to get good rates at Astra Zeneca?

I've just had an email from an agent wanting to pay me 225 a day.

Below is my response

Thanks for your mail. I'd be happy to work for AZ again, but not at the rate quoted. My rate for commutable work starts at XXX a day. Currently I'm on XXX a day at XXX, but this obviously takes into account the high costs associated with being in Geneva on a weekly basis. Unfortunately until AZ start looking at paying realistic rates then I doubt I will be working for them in the near future which is a pity as I have a lot of pharma experience and like working in the industry. Perhaps somebody should tell their HR department that rates aimed at the bottom end of the pay scale will not get them the caliber of contractors they want.
                Are you qualified to do all this XXX work?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                X