• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do the Hari Krishnas know something we don't?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the Hari Krishnas know something we don't?

I've been at a client in Shaftesbury Avenue for the last few months, and every few days we hear a group of Hari Krishnas chanting in procession round the West End. (I think their base is in Soho Square nearby.)

But starting this week, one of them has been chanting dirges non-stop for hour after hour every afternoon. On and on he drones incessantly, "oggi, oggi, oggi, ...hoooo, aggi, aggi, aggi, ...".

I wonder if they know something we don't. I mean the World isn't due to end until 2012 is it?
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 19 February 2010, 12:53.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

they give free food away at Glastonbury as long as you can ignore their attempts to befriend and convert you.. all in all a nice happy bunch of people IMO
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

http://www.scsmath.com/events/calendar/index.html

It's Gaura-panchami - duh...

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Yes, they know that consumerism is a crock of 5hit and it will make you miserable.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I've been at a client in Shaftesbury Avenue for the last few months, and every few days we hear a group of Hari Krishnas chanting in procession round the West End. (I think their base is in Soho Square nearby.)

But starting this week, one of them has been chanting dirges non-stop for hour after hour every afternoon. On and on he drones incessantly, "oggi, oggi, oggi, ...hoooo, aggi, aggi, aggi, ...".

I wonder if they know something we don't. I mean the World isn't due to end until 2012 is it?
          You sure it's not a drunk who's tagged on the end of the procession for a laugh?
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            But starting this week, one of them has been chanting dirges non-stop for hour after hour every afternoon. On and on he drones incessantly, "oggi, oggi, oggi,"
            Ah yes. That will be the Welsh chapter. This coincides with the start of the 6 Nations every year. Can you see one perhaps carrying an inflatable sheep and/or a giant Daffodil?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Gouranga!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                You sure it's not a drunk who's tagged on the end of the procession for a laugh?
                Hmm whats HAB been up to lately
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I got married in the Hari Khrishna temple in Watford

They normally sing "hari hari hari hari khrishna"

Comment

The know how to make a fashion statement with just the colour orange

Comment

Working...
                    X