• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wierd start to contracting life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd start to contracting life

3 hours to go till the end of my 2nd week as a contractor and in a wierd situation. Me and colleague (experienced contractor) are yet 2 be given any real work and are starting to get worried. They are slow to get things signed off but now starting to think what the point of us being here is......

Looking forward to your postings Re: Week 3.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      3 hours to go till the end of my 2nd week as a contractor and in a wierd situation. Me and colleague (experienced contractor) are yet 2 be given any real work and are starting to get worried. They are slow to get things signed off but now starting to think what the point of us being here is......
      No, thats standard. Some people are crap when they bring in contractors.

Word of advice though. Look busy! Regardless!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

W E I R D
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I've done nowt for 6 months. Get used to it.

Comment

My first 3 contracts were spent surfing the net.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              My first 3 contracts were spent surfing the net.
              AND YOUR LAST ONE ALSO!!!

Boss.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Absolutely part of the course. As long as you look busy, which is hard to do while nothing to do, you are okay. The minute you start looking quiet, is the minute you WILL be asked to leave.

I am permie and have contractors working on projects, trust me on this - PM's are terrible when managing contractors!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  AND YOUR LAST ONE ALSO!!!

Boss.
                  Hmm you'll find i'm currently posting from the bench.....
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

I am permie

Away with you scum.

Comment

Working...
                    X