• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New handbag Smilie question?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New handbag Smilie question?

Thank you to Admin for the nice new Smilie as requested by many

But am I the only one who thinks that:
    "ladybags" could be better used as a swear filter translation?

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    What, for "iamaprats"?

(Oh, the temptation to bypass the filter... must resist, must resist... although this issue of filtering is also relevant to the HTML thread... no, no, I mustn't sneak "norks" through.)

Comment

Just wanted to use it!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Just wanted to use it!
        Mmmmmmmm Ladybags...

Comment

Still could be. Only with a colon at each end of a ladybag does it become graphic.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            What, for "iamaprats"?

(Oh, the temptation to bypass the filter... must resist, must resist... although this issue of filtering is also relevant to the HTML thread... no, no, I mustn't sneak "norks" through.)
            Do I get in to trouble asking what iamaprats means ? I've seen it a few times over the years and not really thought about until now.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Kudo's Admin !
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                Do I get in to trouble asking what iamaprats means ?
                No, but we'd get in trouble for telling you norks is one of the words that triggers it.

BTW, the colour of the handbag in my avatar is NOT a political allegiance statement.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Can we have some of these?

Atw
                  SASGuru
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    What, for "iamaprats"?

What is iamaprats filter speak for? Always wanted to know.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X