• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour = rotting stinking rubbish, rats, disease

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour = rotting stinking rubbish, rats, disease

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-everyone.html

It is estimated that households in England pay an average of £82 a year for bin collections out of an average £1,175 council tax bill.
    Well that should drop to £41 a year, presumably the rest goes on salaries and final salary pension schemes for equality and diversity advisors, colonisation benefits and housing assistants, child poverty accelerators, "Outreach" busy bodies and other socially damaging arseholes etc....

a comment on Guido's blog :

Labour’s “achievements” in 13 years:

-22,500 of debt for every child born in Britain
    - 111 tax rises from a government that promised no tax rises at all
    - The longest national tax code in the world
    - 100,000 million pounds drained from British pension funds
    - Gun crime up by 57%
    - Violent crime up 70%
    - The highest proportion of children living in workless households anywhere in Europe
    - The number of pensioners living in poverty up by 100,000
    - The lowest level of social mobility in the developed world
    - The only G7 country with no growth this year
    - One in six young people neither earning nor learning
    - 5 million people on out-of –work benefits
    - Missing the target of halving child poverty
    - Ending up with child poverty rising in each of the last three years instead
    - Cancer survival rates among the worst in Europe
    - Hospital-acquired infections killing nearly three times as many people as are killed on the roads
    - Falling from 4th to 13th in the world competitiveness league
    - Falling from 8th to 24th in the world education rankings in maths
    - Falling from 7th to 17th in the rankings in literacy
    - The police spending more time on paperwork than on the beat
    - Fatal stabbings at an all-time high
    - Prisoners released without serving their sentences
    - Foreign prisoners released and never deported
    - 7 million people without an NHS dentist
    - Small business taxes going up
    - Business taxes raised from among the lowest to among the highest in Europe
    - Tax rises for working people set for after the election
    - The 10p tax rate abolished
    - And the ludicrous promise to have ended boom and bust
    - Our gold reserves sold for a quarter of their worth
    - Our armed forces overstretched and under-supplied
    - Profitable post offices closed against their will
    - One of the highest rates of family breakdown in Europe
    - The ‘Golden Rule’ on borrowing abandoned when it didn’t fit
    - Police inspectors in 10,Downing Street
    - Dossiers that were dodgy
    - Mandelson resigning the first time
    - Mandelson resigning the second time
    - Mandelson coming back for a third time
    - Bad news buried
    - Personal details lost
    - An election bottled
    - A referendum denied ..
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

UKAID to India: In 2002-07, we gave more than £1 billion to India, and from 2008 to 2011, we will be investing another £825 million, up to £500 million of which will be spent on health and education.

http://www.dfid.gov.uk/Where-we-work/Asia-South/India/

Comment

The real fault here lies with the EU and its penalties on landfill. HMG passes the problem to the councils (in the way of penalty taxes), who pass it on to us (fortnightly collections).

We should tell the EU to get lost.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

I've lost track of the tax argument at bit. Tell me if I've gone wrong here.

If I were on average wage, an employer pays me £100 which costs them about £112 including employer NICs.

Then I pay about £30 in personal tax and NICs.

With the remaining £70 I buy diesel for my car which includes £31.54 fuel duty, and £10.50 VAT on the fuel AND the duty.

So out of that £112 that I cost the employer, and which was spent on fuel to get me to work for them, HMG has grabbed about £84.

And still the Labour party has run up a structural deficit of 5% of GDP, and total deficit of 13%. They must be completely f***ing useless.

Comment

Things can only get better.

Some more 'good' tunes
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

- Falling from 8th to 24th in the world education rankings in maths
              - Falling from 7th to 17th in the rankings in literacy
              Given some of the postings on here, I can well believe it
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                So out of that £112 that I cost the employer, and which was spent on fuel to get me to work for them, HMG has grabbed about £84.
                You are going in the right direction (being taxed again on already taxed money) but your case implies you will be spending £70 out of £100 of money you get on fuel.

Comment

Working...
                X