• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British gas energy monitor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British gas energy monitor

Got one of those British Gas energy monitor widgets today (free mind, i'm no tree hugger). Its a little display that connects wirelessly to a sensor clamped to one of your meter cables.

Works really well, you flick the kettle on and you can instantly see what its using power-wise so spent 10 mins flicking things on and off to see how it affects usage.

I wont be leaving my server and PC on upstairs all the time now and the halogen lights in our kitchen and conservatory appear to use a silly amount of juice compared to our other lights so they're going to have to be replaced. Also all my PC kit uses a silly amount even when switched off (i knew this anyway, but seeing it in actual numbers makes it different), flicking the wall socket off and killing all those standby's makes the meter plummet.

Did a search and found this

Mines on it's way! Follow the instructions. Thanks!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Did a search and found this

Mines on it's way! Follow the instructions. Thanks!
      Cool, me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
        Also all my PC kit uses a silly amount even when switched off (i knew this anyway, but seeing it in actual numbers makes it different), flicking the wall socket off and killing all those standby's makes the meter plummet.
        According to the offer hyperD gave (above) they will also send one of these Standby Savers for free.

Comment

Working...
        X