• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What New Car Thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What New Car Thread?

Well since the other thread started up saying SUV's are ideal nowadays i though I would solicit some advice.

What we need is as follows:

Car with space for 2 adults, 4 children in child seats and space in the boot to fit a double buggy.

We have so far looked at:
    • Land Rover Disco 3 (no space for double buggy with all the seats up.
    • Toyota Land Cruiser (can only fit two child seats in second row because of the placement of isofix bars and no space in the boot for buggy when rear seats are up)
    • Nissan Pathfinder (Wife can't stand it and won't drive it)
    • Chrysler Grand Voyager (Has all the space, but it's american and only comes in auto and has no 4 wheel drive which the wife would like. So far it's looking like the winner though because we can all fit in it).
    Any reccomendations?

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    i though I would solicit some advice.
    From this board?

Your registration date is Jul 2005 Ardesco, you should know better!!!

Comment

Well since the other thread started up saying SUV's are ideal nowadays i though I would solicit some advice.

Car with space for 2 adults, 4 children in child seats and space in the boot to fit a double buggy.

• Toyota Land Cruiser (can only fit two child seats in second row because of the placement of isofix bars and no space in the boot for buggy when rear seats are up)
      • Chrysler Grand Voyager (Has all the space, but it's american and only comes in auto and has no 4 wheel drive which the wife would like. So far it's looking like the winner though because we can all fit in it).
      Any reccomendations?
      I rented a GV in America & it worked bloody well for transporting 2+3, not so sure about using it in the UK

Nowt wrong with autos btw
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Get less kids!!!

You need a 7 seater really, & I think the Top Gear recommended a massive Volvo rather than an SUV.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/S-MAX

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...ford_smax.html

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Get less kids!!!

You need a 7 seater really, & I think the Top Gear recommended a massive Volvo rather than an SUV.
            Not sure how you could do that really...

Comment

Any reccomendations?
              Renault Scenic fits the bill: I've been 5 adults, 2 kids and a buggy and not uncomfortably either.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Modern auto's are actually pretty good especially if they allow you to manually set which gear you want to be in.
                Grand Voyager is a very nice machineand plenty of gadgets available to keep wife + kids happy with the choice
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Grand Voyager is a very nice machineand plenty of gadgets available to keep wife + kids happy with the choice
                  Guy that used to drive me to the airport every week hand a GV - with electric doors - very odd.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

GV is tempting because it's cheap and ticks most of the boxes, it just didn't really grab me when we had a drive in one. Not sure I could ever own another French car, done that in the past and they are nothing but trouble in my experience (I mean, the square bolt from a door handle to get the sump plug out FFS...).

Volvo XC90 also look like a possibility Cheers Moscow Mule

Comment

Working...
                    X