• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter from America

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter from America

Trouble we the Indians. Not as in Apache but as in Bangalore. As a result of careless action by JPM. JPM received tax payers funding to keep the bank afloat. JPM made many people redundant. Those now out of work people get government aided food stamps. The US Government outsourced the issuing of food stamps to JPM. JPM decide that they can make more profit and use US Government aid (more tax payers money) to outsource the issuing of food stamps to a JPM call centre in India. Ex employees of JPM are angry that that have to phone their former employer Indian operation (kept afloat by tax payers money) to get food stamps paid for by tax payers money.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

I know a lot of CUK ers don't agree with me, but this outsourcing trend will not continue. It's far too expensive in the long run. Let's hope we can survive the long run ...
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      I know a lot of CUK ers don't agree with me, but this outsourcing trend will not continue. It's far too expensive in the long run. Let's hope we can survive the long run ...
      You're right. Once Winky's finished bankrupting the country and the GBP is completely worthless we'll be a very cheap place to send work to...
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

and far too risky in the long run, given India's ever-increasing population

Sooner or later India will be in the middle of the mother of all punch-ups, with either Pakistan, or China, or themselves, or even us.

But, hey, who cares about the long term if companies can save a few pennies over the next five or ten years?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Outsourcing is cheating. It only works if a minority of companies or institutions outsource. If we all outsourced; then they would be no economy left to generate wealth. The result would be all companies would go under.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            But, hey, who cares about the long term if companies can save a few pennies over the next five or ten years?
            My experience suggests they don't actually save anything. But you know my views on this, having bored you to death on a couple of occasions.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

My experience suggests they don't actually save anything.
              In practice you're probably right (I'm sure there are exceptions), but in theory it IS workable. Just difficult, companies try to save too much too fast and end up messing it all up.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Outsourcing is cheating. It only works if a minority of companies or institutions outsource. If we all outsourced; then they would be no economy left to generate wealth. The result would be all companies would go under.
                I don't follow. If a company gets business from outside the UK, and takes a cut on top of what they pay offshore providers, what's the problem?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I don't follow. If a company gets business from outside the UK, and takes a cut on top of what they pay offshore providers, what's the problem?
                  He is aluding to outsourcing in extremis - all work is carried out abroad and our workforce sits on its backside drawing JSA.

Comment

Strictly I think that's offshoring, not outsourcing. If there was no outsourcing there's be no such thing as contractors!

Comment

Working...
                    X