• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorting out my Bookmarks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorting out my Bookmarks

Being benched for now, I decided to spend an hour or so a day categorizing and weeding my vast collection of bookmarks.

(BTW, Firefox's standard Bookmarks drop-down absolutely sucks, and I'd be grateful if anyone can recommend a better add-on.)

I've found quite a few interesting ones I'd forgotten about, and may post a selection like NickFitz (although I may have found many on CUK originally).

Here's quite an interesting one, although it is kind of stating the obvious, and the page formatting sucks almost as much as Firefox's bookmarking:

Why Most (Sucessful) Politicians Value Staying in Power More than the Public Good

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

xmarks for firefox?? keeps the bookmarks in sync between multiple pcs.

oh and as this is in general and not technical... "WIBBLE" is my official reply.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Being benched for now, I decided to spend an hour or so a day categorizing and weeding my vast collection of bookmarks.
      This does not look like sorting operation to me, ie arranging your bookmarks by some criteria - this should not involve deletion.

Please use correct terminology next time you name your threads.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

oh and as this is in general and not technical... "WIBBLE" is my official reply.
        I know, but the techie question was just in passing, not the primary reason for my post.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

This does not look like sorting operation to me, ie arranging your bookmarks by some criteria - this should not involve deletion.

Please use correct terminology next time you name your threads.

HTH
          Sigh.

"Sorting out" implies more than "sorting", and in fact needn't involve that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Sigh.

"Sorting out" implies more than "sorting", and in fact needn't involve that at all.

Comment

I've created bookmark folders in FF, but I never did spend the time to work out how to use the 'bookmark to a folder' feature so that I could bookmark directly into the correct folder, in one go. I manually move the bookmark into the folder after bookmarking it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Ah, I suspected that, but sometimes it's hard to tell.

Comment

delicous.com is the absolute best!

I switched to this and could never go back.

TM

Comment

I use http://delicious.com/ but I am not sure tagging URLs is really the best way to organise them.

Comment

Working...
                    X