• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Take home percentage in Holland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take home percentage in Holland

If i was on 450 a day in Amsterdam, how much would the dutch government want?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    If i was on 450 a day in Amsterdam, how much would the dutch government want?
    450 what, tulips, euros etc?

Comment

Euros
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

What are your costs and under what business form will you operate?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Don't know - only very early stage of the process. Not got the job yet. Are there any sites to calculate these things and give advice.

Quoted a rate of 450 a day - but can still renegotiate if it becomes obvious that on this rate I'll lose too much

I preferred version 1!

Comment

http://www.esset.nl/brutonetto2009.htm

Based on a turnover of 90,000 euros per year (200 days @450e) and costs of e1000 per month and a yearly investment of 5000e you would end up with 46,047e net income.

You’d do better by;
            - getting a better rate (obviously, and possible)
            - buying a house in Holland so as to use the mortgage interest tax relief

What's that rate for? I'm on 70 per hour now which is quite a bit more.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I was lined up for a perl & SNMP contract in Amsterdam last week, on about that rate. The agent was practically drooling over my CV on the phone. But I turned it down due to uncertainty about tax and accommodation overheads, and the Euro exchange rate, and the friday/monday flight hassle.

All the same, I wonder if I did the right thing.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

that's quite similar to Germany, for 2009 I had circa 93k turnover, approx 20k expenses, leaving 53k net after tax
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Based on a turnover of 90,000 euros per year (200 days @450e) and costs of e1000 per month and a yearly investment of 5000e you would end up with 46,047e net income.

You’d do better by;

I think it will be (much) better for a UK citizen using the 2 year 30% tax ruling. For more info: http://www.taxpat.com/en/F.A.Q.-s/Qu...s-Tax-Benefit-

Personally, I think this tax ruling is rubbish, because it creates an unbalanced market (as an NL citizen I don't get this perk, nor is it applicable if I move the other way (contract in the UK)) and there is currently no skills shortage, but I think it still applies so it's there to be used I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

You’d do better by;

Bloody hell that's rubbish. Will probably knock it on the head then! Had a stint over here struggling on a tulip rate so I'm not playing that game again.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X