• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noisy neighbours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noisy neighbours

What's the accepted way of dealing with noisy people in hotel rooms these days?

I've got some noisy cow been on her mobile ALL night & when she's not on that she's f****g singing & the walls are paper thin. I should go and tap on her door & politely ask her to be quiet but unfortunatley I'm one of those who bottles it all up until I can take no more

Call management and complain? Make it their problem, stop being so British!
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      stop being so British!
      I did. Hammered on the wall real hard and yelled at her to shut up. Looking forward to a nice uncomfortable breakfast tomorrow morning now....

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post

I've got some noisy cow been on her mobile ALL night & when she's not on that she's f****g singing & the walls are paper thin. I should go and tap on her door & politely ask her to be quiet but unfortunatley I'm one of those who bottles it all up until I can take no more
        Phone reception and complain.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Call reception is my favoured method. Once in the Hilton in Sheffield I was being kept awake by loud music from the room directly below. Took a stroll down and noticed a distinctive smell. Phoned reception who wanted to fob me off with "nothing we can do" so I asked if the'd prefer me to call the Police and let them know that illegal drugs were being used in their hotel. After about ten minutes peace ensued.

I do sometimes wonder why the flip people bother getting a hotel room so they can just put the telly on full blast all night though.

Comment

Dont know, I was always too busy shagging to bother about noise from another room. (Perhaps they complained about me \ us!?)

That Travel Inn on City Road Newcastle was ace. You could get to your room without going through reception
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I usually find the best way is to knock on the door and calmly ask.

"Do you mind if you shut the **** up. Ta."

Usually works.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

"Do you mind if you shut the **** up. Ta."

Usually works.
                Having had the pleasure of meeting you in TRW, I have to say that such requests coming from you would probably be treated with a greater degree of deference than if they came from those of us who aren't built like an entire galaxy of brick tuliphouses

I'd go with the "call reception" option - being a bit hard of hearing, I once had it done to me when I was watching telly and I was absolutely mortified at the thought that I'd been so inconsiderate

Comment

Earplugs. I use them at home as well.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

"Do you mind if I watch?"

Usually works.
                    FTFY.

Comment

Working...
                    X