• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nissan GTR - good car / bad car ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milan.

Milan

Have you thought about joining PistonHeads?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I don’t know. All the cars I’ve ever owned (Nissan Micra, Suzuki Jimny, Alfa 33, Alfa 166, BMW 325i, Peugeot 407 (which was tulipe), MB e240) have been thoroughly slagged down by everyone I know so I obviously know nothing about cars.

I have however noticed a pattern in this not entirely representative sample; French cars look smart when they’re new but are tulipe after about 6 months. Italian cars look fabulous, drive like a dream but fall to bits after a couple of years. Japanese cars look tulipe but never break. German cars look rather staid, drive quite comfortably and given the right servicing, which costs a bloody fortune, they last forever.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Milan, have you heard of taking a road test?

If you like the way it looks, like the way it drives and are happy with the price, it's a good car.

Not up to the standards of your 10 year old Passat mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

If you like the way it looks, like the way it drives and are happy with the price, it's a good car.
          Is this the most sensible thing you've ever said, DP? It is quite shockingly sensible.

Say something stupid instead please.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

By all accounts a fantastic car. Pop down the Nissan garage and book yourself in for a test drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Is this the most sensible thing you've ever said, DP? It is quite shockingly sensible.

Say something stupid instead please.
              I nearly forgot, and it has a German badge on the bonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                Milan.
                You have to ask?
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Having never driven one I can offer an opinion: it's too good. It only starts to become any fun at all at 150mph on a race track, but on the road it'll be boring. It's too easy to drive really fast everywhere, and you'll lose your licence and not enjoy it at all. Buy something that slides around at low speed instead.

I do think they look good though.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I'd love a GTR, but stories like this put me off :

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/127250-ac...hat-i-did.html

Yes, £11k to repair that damage.

Comment

Working...
                    X