• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Average intelligence of the British people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average intelligence of the British people

OK, so I know I’m a British citizen, but I have real concerns about the average intelligence of the British people. Britain has the worst government in the whole of western Europe. A government that consistently spent more than it had during growth years and then printed money to throw at the problems it had caused. A government that dreams up new taxes every day to feed the money eating machine it has created, but even when higher revenues come in, still cannot do the most basic task of any businessperson or homeowner; balance the books. A government that has lied to send British troops to an illegal war. A government that cooperated with imprisonment without trial and tortureand curtailed civil liberties to a point that British people are now subjugated, controlled, observed and documented almost as much as East Germans under the Stasi.

And then I open the paper and see that 33% of British people are going to vote Labour at the next election. What in heaven’s name is wrong with them? Has some hideous brain devouring worm infected Britain? Is there something in the water?

My goodness, we have our fair share of morons in Holland, but this is really hopeless.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

A lot of people have done well under Labour though and it's in their, perhaps short-term, interests to vote for them despite the devastating affects it has on others.

Comment

Think of the demographics.

Millions of families dependent on state handouts. They know Labour will provide, will the Tories slash benefits?

Millions of families working in the public sector, maybe doing non-jobs created by Labour to reduce the unemployment count for social engineering reasons. Will the Tories cut these jobs?

Comment

I read in the paper (Yesterday I think) that the goverment hands out 17 billion in housing to 4.5 million people.

That is nearly 10% already, the other 23% will be employed by the goverment.

Simples.

Comment

Mich, do you have aspergers or something ? Where's your empathy man ?

Imagine this - you are poorly educated, living in a run down rough area. You have been beaten down all your life, you have no aspirations. You have no hope and you have no hope for your kids.
          The only pleasures you have in life are sex, ale,drugs or gambling, and
          this is funded without you ever having to get out of bed. You have also worked out a few good fiddles to squeeze a little bit extra from the welfare system. There is noone to tell you this is wrong, there are millions to tell you this is normal.
          why on earth would you want all this swept away just to make some rich la di da contractor happy ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            And then I open the paper and see that 33% of British people are going to vote Labour at the next election. What in heaven’s name is wrong with them? Has some hideous brain devouring worm infected Britain? Is there something in the water?

Read the Global Warming thread for your answer. Most people in Britain cannot distinguish between good and poor arguments - is it any wonder Labour manage to cheat them?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

You worry too much about the state of the UK Mich. Be happy in the knowledge that you are best out of it and enjoy being in Holland...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I read in the paper (Yesterday I think) that the goverment hands out 17 billion in housing to 4.5 million people.

That is nearly 10% already, the other 23% will be employed by the goverment.

Simples.
                10%? I thought 9 or 10 million bribed voters got you in power.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  10%? I thought 9 or 10 million bribed voters got you in power.
                  I read something this morning in The Times I think that Labour got in last time with 9.6 and Major lost with 9.7.

Comment

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ad-crumbles.do

This comment in the Standard sums it up for me:

A spineless man with no conviction or passion in any of his statements, he will not get the majority he needs, and has no one else to blame but himself.

He will go down in political history, as the man who could have had it all, but threw it away by trying to please everyone, rather than having some balls as Maggie did.

- Daisy Willets, London SW1P
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X