• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Totally exhausted.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally exhausted.

As in, I have never felt like this since jet-lag from Oz.

Had lunch at 11:30 yesterday – forgetting how early I had lunch I had nothing else all day other than a cereal bar and went to a gym class from 5-7pm.

First half was ok – it was the weight session in the second hour that nearly made me keel over – as soon as I got in I had a microwave curry, probably counteracting the hard work!

Today - body is aching beyond belief. I am badly needing to sleep, but have an evening meeting before a 60 mile drive home through rush hour snow…….

Serves me right though.
    Last edited by Wilmslow; 23 February 2010, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I see your tumble and raise you a double tumble ....

Why do people think we care about their lives ......... also Im not sure what response he was angling for.

Comment

Wilmslow. Answering the questions no one asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          As in, I have never felt like this since jet-lag from Oz.

Had lunch at 11:30 yesterday – forgetting how early I had lunch I had nothing else all day other than a cereal bar and went to a gym class from 5-7pm.

First half was ok – it was the weight session in the second hour that nearly made me keel over – as soon as I got in I had a microwave curry, probably counteracting the hard work!

Today - body is aching beyond belief. I am badly needing to sleep, but have an evening meeting before a 60 mile drive home through rush hour snow…….

Serves me right though.
          Weights are for real men. Stick to poncing around in spandex...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Serves me right though.
            Yup.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Good. Thankyou for proving me right. I told you you were training too much and too hard, and now your body has given in. Rest until monday then start a more sensible training regime.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Good. Thankyou for proving me right. I told you you were training too much and too hard, and now your body has given in. Rest until monday then start a more sensible training regime.
                I wouldn't bother Mich, he will have given up the exercise by then as he will be sick of how awful it makes him feel when he doesn't follow your advice.
                Last edited by MaryPoppins; 23 February 2010, 10:50. Reason: Spelt M's name wrong, spaz
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Nice explanation here;
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superco...ining_programs

After training, the body enters the recovery period during which level of fitness increases up to the initial fitness level (shown by the third time sector in the graph). Because the human body is an adjustable organism, it will feel the need to adjust itself to a higher level of fitness in anticipation of the next training session[citation needed]. Accordingly, the increase in fitness following a training session does not stop at the initial fitness level. Instead the body enters a period of supercompensation during which fitness surpasses the initial fitness level

If the next workout takes place during the recovery period, Overtraining may occur. If the next workout takes place during the supercompensation period, the body will advance to a higher level of fitness. If the next workout takes place after the supercompensation period, the body will remain at the base level.

Overtraining is a physical, behavioral and emotional condition that occurs when the volume and intensity of an individual's exercise exceeds their recovery capacity. They cease making progress, and can even begin to lose strength and fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    I wouldn't bother Mich, he will have given up the exercise by then as he will be sick of how awful it makes him feel when he doesn't follow your advice.
                    Many sportspeople need to experience overtraining once to learn their lesson. I did it myself when I was 25 and ended up unable to train or work for 3 weeks or so, having vomitted blood next to an athletics track (which I wouldn't recommend) and ended up in hospital.

Comment

Working...
                    X