• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I was thinking about CO2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking about CO2

If the government are going to tax us on the amount of CO2 we produce, they should give a rebate for any CO2 offsetting we might pay for.

I would rather pay a company to plant trees or protect the rainforests to absorb CO2 than pay Gordon Brown a notional sum for CO2, which he will not spend on the environment, but probably spend on more interpreters or tranlsation all road signs into 47 different languages.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If the government are going to tax us on the amount of CO2 we produce, they should give a rebate for any CO2 offsetting we might pay for.

I would rather pay a company to plant trees or protect the rainforests to absorb CO2 than pay Gordon Brown a notional sum for CO2, which he will not spend on the environment, but probably spend on more interpreters or tranlsation all road signs into 47 different languages.
    Is it just me, or do you seem a little jaded with life there DimSum?

Comment

He he - did you ask for "richer than sasguru".
      I think that is conclusive proof that your are not.
      just like I am not better than atw.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Nah DP loves it here. He'd move abroad but in no other country would he earn the £500 per day he's earned in the last 5 years doing simple web programming.

Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Growing a tree isn't enough. You also have to bury it deep underground somewhere airtight.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Growing a tree isn't enough. You also have to bury it deep underground somewhere airtight.
            Only after the tree dies, and if you plant long lived trees, it's not problem for hundreds of years.

Comment

Only after the tree dies, and if you plant long lived trees, it's not problem for hundreds of years.
              Why not set up the scheme yourself ? you could plant little tiny trees, because its the number not the size that will earn the money.
              Then you could pay old investors with some of the money from newer investors
              heck you could then call it the Bonzai Ponzai scheme

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Yeah, coat the trees in anti forest fire paint and leave burial costs to your descendants.

Comment

Yeah, coat the trees in anti forest fire paint and leave burial costs to your descendants.
                  It'll be fine, they'll have the technology to deal with it by then.
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

They get a lot of forest fires in the rain forests.

Comment

Working...
                    X