• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I feel insulted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel insulted

and the missus is livid.

Last year the fence between us and the neighbours started to crumble so we agreed to go halves on a new one.
    I got a quote for £500, but the neighbour said it was too much, she would get a better one. A few weeks later I asked how it was going, she said her son had lost his job, hubby was on half time, they were struggling, would I get it done on my own. So I did.

Yesterday I gets home from work and the builders are next door putting new frames and windows in

the missus is now on a war footing and she has put me on defcon III

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

This is a bit Wilmslowesque for you isn’t it?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      This is a bit Wilmslowesque for you isn’t it?

It's like heavy training, you have to know when to change the pace

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

You who speak to me across the fence
        - Of common sense
        How your tomato plant will win a prize,
        won't that be nice

And by the way, how's your wife?

Your holidays were spent in Spain
        You went by train
        You'll go again

Have you seen me bullfight poster on the wall?
        Do you know the ‘appy memory it recalls?

Here's a photograph of me and my son, Ted
        That's me cousin with his hanky on his head!

We booked in at our ‘otel just after two
        And met a family from Bradford that we knew

My pink half of the drainpipe
        Separates next door from me

Oh, Mama!
        Belongs to me

I have a sister in Toronto who's a nurse
        And I've had a bit of bother laying turf

It's life, not books, that taught me all I've learned
        Woop, in the b'oven my rice pudding's getting burned!

‘Ere, have you seen the new attachment on me drill?
        I must have the cat put down, ‘cause he's ill

I may paint it blue

Keeps me safe from
        you!

Separates me from the incredibly fascinating story of your life and
        every day to day event in all it's minute and tedious attention to
        detail... And was it a Thursday or a Wednesday? Or, oh, no, it wasn't though...
        ... who cares anyway because I do not so Norman, if you're normal, I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages
        and rhinoceroses in the kitchen incessant quotations from

"Now We Are
        Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric
        head.

So
        theeeeeere.........
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 23 February 2010, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          and the missus is livid.

Last year the fence between us and the neighbours started to crumble so we agreed to go halves on a new one.
          I got a quote for £500, but the neighbour said it was too much, she would get a better one. A few weeks later I asked how it was going, she said her son had lost his job, hubby was on half time, they were struggling, would I get it done on my own. So I did.

Yesterday I gets home from work and the builders are next door putting new frames and windows in

It is highly unlikely that the boundary fence or jointly owned. If it is your neighbour's fence or if it is jointly owned; you can serve them with an enforcement notice. (that will make them happy). Beware, as per my previous home; the neighbour was deliberately damaging the boundary fence with the view to erecting another one while I was away on holiday. The new fence would have taken away part of my garden. Take photographs and measurements regularly. The same goes for when a neighbour builds an extension. They will try to encroach on your land.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            It is highly unlikely that the boundary fence or jointly owned. If it is your neighbour's fence or if it is jointly owned; you can serve them with an enforcement notice. (that will make them happy). Beware, as per my previous home; the neighbour was deliberately damaging the boundary fence with the view to erecting another one while I was away on holiday. The new fence would have taken away part of my garden. Take photographs and measurements regularly. The same goes for when a neighbour builds an extension. They will try to encroach on your land.
            What is "regularly"?

How often do people move their fences???
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              and the missus is livid.

And she's right too. Your neighbours are scum.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                bollox, bollox, bollox
                I would put money on you being a spambot that just exists to spout complete crap on forums.
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I have a black book for people like those...

Mostly the book is filled with the names of agents these days.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I have a black book for people like those...

Mostly the book is filled with the names of agents these days.
                    Isn't there an app for that?
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X