• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITIL V3 Service Management Plus Foundation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITIL V3 Service Management Plus Foundation

Any good?

Booked on a 5 day course for this.......

Means that if Foundation is passed I will be put through the advanced.

Given that I am looking at going back to contracting, is this worth having?

What???

Foundation is a 3 day course - there is no 'Advanced' course - there are various Intermediates and the Expert course. You need more than 5 days for that lot.

What on earth have you booked on?

Ah - someone's sold you a cheap V2 course, haven't they? The one that's ending 'Spring 2010'...

Note: no they haven't - I've found the course - you're paying twice the amount for a 'normal' 3 day course???
    Last edited by cojak; 23 February 2010, 15:09.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Any good?

Booked on a 5 day course for this.......

Means that if Foundation is passed I will be put through the advanced.

Given that I am looking at going back to contracting, is this worth having?
      Oh Alistair, have you c_ocked up again?

Comment

Oh Dear.

You've been had, son.

You only need to go on a 3 day course - you're paying a lot more and getting the same exam.

But if your employer is paying for it - enjoy...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

If you'd asked on here I would have recommended Sysop* They are excellent and you can retake the exam for free if you fail (although you should pass Foundation if you've been paying attention).

*I have no connection with Sysop other than I'll be taking the Bridging course with them once I get a contract...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Oh Dear.

You've been had, son.

You only need to go on a 3 day course - you're paying a lot more and getting the same exam.

But if your employer is paying for it - enjoy...
            Yep, employer paying.

Just means a week of larding in London

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              Yep, employer paying.

Just means a week of larding in London
              Are you a permie now or something? If you are a contractor you wont have an employer???
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Are you a permie now or something? If you are a contractor you wont have an employer???
                He's one of Morrison's finest...

Comment

You are too late Wilmslow, everyone else has got "ITL V5 PRE-ALPHA build 142" by now, hurry up or you'll be left behind...

Comment

A course? For the ITIL Foundation?

I spent a couple of hours on Google searching for variations on "free ITIL download" and a couple of evenings reading what I found. Then I sat and passed the exam.

(I only do brain surgery on Tuesdays, BTW)
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X