• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speed bumps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed bumps

The local council are in the process of messing up my very nice village with speed bumps, even though I can't seem to find anyone who voted in favour. So **** em. This weekend, I'm going out to buy the most polluting Range Rover Sport I can find so I won't even notice they are there. Hopefully poisoning as many of their children as possible in the process...
    Last edited by Jeebo72; 23 February 2010, 16:00.

I slow down for the speed bumps, and I often find myself followed by a Range Rover (or similar) whose driver wants to drive fast over the bumps because he can. Invariably they drive too close and annoy me, so I drive even slower and crawl over the bumps. This annoys them and makes me happy.

The end.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      I slow down for the speed bumps, and I often find myself followed by a Range Rover (or similar) whose driver wants to drive fast over the bumps because he can. Invariably they drive too close and annoy me, so I drive even slower and crawl over the bumps. This annoys them and makes me happy.

The end.
      This is particularly amusing when you then put your foot down and despite the SUV's 5 litre turbodiesel v8 the twat can't catch you because his car weighs more than a house.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

The end.
        Note to self. Add bull bars to the spec.

Comment

A road near me has and will be closed for some months to have 'traffic calming' measures applied. A lot of time and money could be saved if they let the road rot a bit, rather than create a shiny new surface to which they add sped bumps and chicanes later; the potholes slowing the traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            Note to self. Add bull bars to the spec.
            Don’t bother. Get an S class , A8 or 7 series with air suspension; about 40,000 times more comfy over speedbumps and quite a lot faster than any SUV.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              A road near me has and will be closed for some months to have 'traffic calming' measures applied. A lot of civil servants could be sacked if they let the road rot a bit, rather than create a shiny new surface to which they add sped bumps and chicanes later; the potholes slowing the traffic.
              ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Don’t bother. Get an S class , A8 or 7 series with air suspension; about 40,000 times more comfy over speedbumps and quite a lot faster than any SUV.
                Or a Jag :-)

Comment

ftfy
                  True. Even though the road has been closed off for a few weeks now, I havn't seen anyone working or noticed anything done, maybe they are still at the planning and sucking teeth stage.

Comment

Got the porsche for p*ssing about anyway ...

Comment

Working...
                    X