• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working from Spain and tax issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working from Spain and tax issues

Hi all

I work from home via the internet and I'm thinking of visiting Spain for an extended period this Summer and continuing working there during my stay.

I wonder how this would affect my situation with Taxes. Would I have to report this to the Spanish authorities even thought it's only casual/temporary work I'd be doing. How would this affect my working tax credits?

I thought if I set up a proxy server at home for accessing the internet, would this count as me working from the UK even if I was not there in person.

If this is a serious question then this is the wrong place to post it.

If it's not a serious question then just make sure you take plenty of sun cream.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Go to this forum to ask expats
      You have to tread carefully - once you're there a certain number of days you'll be liable to be taxed by the Spanish authorities.

Wurzel may be the guy to ask here - I think his last contract was down Alicante way.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Any other suggestions, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by munky View Post
          Any other suggestions, anyone?
          Drink bottled water.

Stay out of the sun during the hottest part of the day.

Try and meet some Spaniards - get a recommendation for their favourite tapas bar.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Have a look at this

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...questions.html

Comment

Many thanks guys! Your advice has been noted

Comment

Drop Wurzel a PM, he's familiar with the situation and may have the best informed advice.

Comment

Working...
                X