• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's not over until it's over!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not over until it's over!

I'm supposed to be starting a contract Friday. But the security check is taking for ever and the client is slow in getting back. Meanwhile the agent wont send over the contract until the client gives the full OK.

So now, looking like Monday/Tuesday.

In the meantime, I have kept applying and now have another interview tomorrow.

It doesnt just rain!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Same here.

They say they want someone asap. Their actions don't reflect this, however..

Applied for another role this morning...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've been awaiting a start date for 10 days!!! Got held up on a security check.

If it aint in the bag, then it aint in the bag!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Seems to be picking up quite a bit. Have had a couple of calls this week and one offer. Although until the contract is signed am not going to celebrate and they are taking a very long time to sort it out.

Comment

Working...
        X