• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scary meeting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scary meeting

I was talking to somebody this morning.

They lost ability to function, it was like a switch was flicked and they were out of this world for 3-4 seconds, before continuing as normal after a short recovery.

I am seriously worried they may have had a mini stroke.

Anyone come across anyone getting stressed to this point?

I am feeling very responsible, although knowing that I am not, if that makes sense?

Was it something you said?

Comment

did they go red and crush the mug they were holding in their hand while making a whining noise as though they were the master of restraint?
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

It could have been a petit mal epilepsy seizure (it's called something else these days).
        You definitely need to bring it to the person's attention - he/she needs checking out.

If they did that at the wheel of a car....

They're called absence seizures these days.
        Last edited by cojak; 24 February 2010, 13:33.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          I was talking to somebody this morning.

They lost ability to function, it was like a switch was flicked and they were out of this world for 3-4 seconds, before continuing as normal after a short recovery.

I am seriously worried they may have had a mini stroke.

Anyone come across anyone getting stressed to this point?

I am feeling very responsible, although knowing that I am not, if that makes sense?
          Might have been diabetic.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Is it possible you were so incredibly dull that they nodded off?

Comment

I do that occasionally. I just start daydreaming about something else and flip out of the convo. It usually happens when I'm talking to exceeding boring people.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                did they go red and crush the mug they were holding in their hand while making a whining noise as though they were the master of restraint?
                No, not diabetic (that they know of) and no mug crushing.

Just looked like they were having a brain feck moment, not able to function. One of the most scary moments I have had in an office, only topped by a colleague having a seizure in a previous company.

I was asking a stressful question about a project from hell, looks like I sent them over the edge.

Comment

or perhaps they were so bored by your inane drivel they fell asleep and awoke when they realised you'd stopped
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Maybe you’re the one who had 3 or 4 seconds absence but you thought it was him?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X