• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hey! Hector! Show yourself!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! Hector! Show yourself!

Dear Hector the Tax Inspector,

Since we all know you are on here anyway, how about creating an account and answering some of our questions?

Small business really struggle with the hundreds of millions of words available on the various government web sites giving conflicting, vague, and out of date advice and this is an unnecessary burden upon millions of us.

This is apparent by some of the tax-related threads on here that go on for scores of posts, some of which even have the accountants disputing amongst themselves.

So, since you're on here anyway, how about creating an HMRC-Advisor account, or some such, and once in a while answering some of our confusions?

Or is it, as I suspect, that you're just a confused as we are?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Dear Hector the Tax Inspector,

Since we all know you are on here anyway, how about creating an account and answering some of our questions?

Small business really struggle with the hundreds of millions of words available on the various government web sites giving conflicting, vague, and out of date advice and this is an unnecessary burden upon millions of us.

This is apparent by some of the tax-related threads on here that go on for scores of posts, some of which even have the accountants disputing amongst themselves.

So, since you're on here anyway, how about creating an HMRC-Advisor account, or some such, and once in a while answering some of our confusions?

Great idea for a sock puppet account
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

You know perfectly well that they don't want clear and unequivocal rules.

Hazy info means that people pay more tax and HMRC can justify having more staff to answer confused questions badly. More staff equals bigger empires for the middle and senior management which equals bigger pay and more Honours given by HMQ.

Comment

WHS. I see Brownstuff has been on YET AGAIN about cutting business red tape. When will it ever happen?

The pointless tinkering is constant, the tax system gets ever more complex and burdensome, submission systems get replaced with total cock as soon as they work, rates get put up but allowances never do.

I doubt the mileage allowance for example even covers actual costs any more. Some BIK levies are just ridiculous, the Van+petrol charges for example, my total costs including business usage were only half that.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I remember someone saying they shudder whenever a politician says they're going to reduce red tape.

Seeing as they're really rich and powerful now they employ PR to ensure they don't say such things out loud.

threaded in "Branson pickle" mode.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X