• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies that have gone bust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies that have gone bust

Maybe this belongs in General. Have been discussing the risks of this business with a contracting friend (competitor ?).

Anyone know the names of any 'big'/well-known agencies that have bit the bullet in the last 10 years or so ?

I remember a few casess but not any names. A pal lost 40K a few years ago when one UK shop closed [immediately re-opened again under another guise but same scumbags.]

Thanks.

This article does not paint a rosy picture and also includes some interesting facts and figures:
    http://www.recruiter.co.uk/administr...003966.article

PZZ

Comment

I think what would be a good service, would be to flag up all those that went bust and then show which 'new' agencies are run my directors of the old.

This is not illegal to show this information and is no way defamation. It's in the public domain, but would require someone to cross reference it.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I think what would be a good service, would be to flag up all those that went bust and then show which 'new' agencies are run my directors of the old.
        Quality idea.
        (This board needs a Thumbs Up / Recommended link.)

PZZ ...... I'm not familiar with some of those small/non-IT names in the link but an interesting site.

Comment

especially articles like this from RBS

Comment

Working...
          X