• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nu Liebor MP questionnaire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nu Liebor MP questionnaire

Got back home and found (I am a registered voter) spam post from local incumbent Nu Liebor MP with interesting poll asking a number of questions, one of which I am posting now in a poll above.

raise VAT shaply, which hits everyone even pensioners
    33.33%
    increase NI for those earnings over £20,000
    16.67%
    Increase tax for those earning £150,000+
    16.67%
    A one-off tax on bankers bonuses
    33.33%

You should vote for 'em. Everyone should vote for 'em.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

What about sack every useless public sector worker and remove every public sector quango. Pay the public sector workers job seekers allowance in return for them going round the streets and countrysides of the UK clearing up rubbish.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        What about sack every useless public sector worker and remove every public sector quango. Pay the public sector workers job seekers allowance in return for them going round the streets and countrysides of the UK clearing up rubbish.
        EH? sack the public sector and then turn them into a massive...er...public sector WTF is the point of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          EH? sack the public sector and then turn them into a massive...er...public sector WTF is the point of that?
          If public sector worker is paid £20k, then extra costs (buildings, power etc) can be additional £10k easily thus increasing cost of public sector worker to £30k.

Add to this extra costs on businesses having to dedicate time dealing with red tape tulip rather than focus on growing businesses: have you ever tried to deal with stuff like EMI share options? It cost us at least 3 days of my time and around £1000 of legal fees so far.

If unemployment benefits are less than this number then it makes sense to cut such jobs. Naturally it only makes sense if the person who does not cut them counts on votes of these people, so we can count NuLie out then.

Solution - simplify legislation BIG time, and this would remove need for lots of public sector staff employed as the result of tulipy legislation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            If public sector worker is paid £20k, then extra costs (buildings, power etc) can be additional £10k easily thus increasing cost of public sector worker to £30k.

Add to this extra costs on businesses having to dedicate time dealing with red tape tulip rather than focus on growing businesses: have you ever tried to deal with stuff like EMI share options? It cost us at least 3 days of my time and around £1000 of legal fees so far.

If unemployment benefits are less than this number then it makes sense to cut such jobs. Naturally it only makes sense if the person who does not cut them counts on votes of these people, so we can count NuLie out then.

Solution - simplify legislation BIG time, and this would remove need for lots of public sector staff employed as the result of tulipy legislation.
            I agree with your last para - but no government ever actually does it, despite them all promising to.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              I agree with your last para - but no government ever actually does it, despite them all promising to.
              I can't see any other way out - I'd prefer to pay higher income tax so long as they **** off with lots of exceptions and exclusions. Granted, this is still million times better than Russia, however even having a smack in a face in the middle of Sahara would be.

Comment

I like the way the questionnaire only offers responses that appeal to the brain damaged, sadly no sensible options, and certainly not the option of that which will eventually happen...

Are these MPs really so stupid, alternatively are they like the proverbial rabbit caught in the headlights, or really can't they see it at all?
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Why is there no 'other' option. There are more options that just the 4 Labour list here.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    Why is there no 'other' option. There are more options that just the 4 Labour list here.
                    There are the only options that I had (few other questions similiarly biased).

Comment

Working...
                    X