• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rbs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rbs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8534694.stm

Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has announced losses for 2009 of £3.6bn ($5.5bn), after struggling with billions of pounds of bad loans.

Despite the losses, the bank is set to announce it will pay bonuses of £1.3bn to its staff.

Can anyone please explain the logic of bailing out a bank with taxpayers money, it then makes a huge loss and then pays it's staff £1.3bn in bonuses?

Perhaps I'm missing the point somewhere?

No you're not. Bend down and get the vaseline ready for your bank shafting.

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

What's a few Billion when you are printing 200 Billion +, and will keep on printing as required !?

I think UK plc has successfully got itself into the too big to fail category, or has it !?

Comment

RBS GROUP made a loss..

RBS Global Banking made a 5.7 billion profit

Comment

Does RBS Global Banking have an element of their bonus related to Group profits?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The press and media are aware of why these people get paid great sums by bonuses but yet they persist in keeping the debate at the lowest level to maintain interest from the proles. All very tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Does RBS Global Banking have an element of their bonus related to Group profits?
              Yes: 0%.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Can anyone please explain the logic of bailing out a bank with taxpayers money, it then makes a huge loss and then pays it's staff £1.3bn in bonuses?

Perhaps I'm missing the point somewhere?
                Why do dogs lick their balls?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                  Why do dogs lick their balls?
                  its a good question that.
                  I think that when you have spent the morning licking another dogs bum-hole, you have to do something to get rid of the taste

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    its a good question that.
                    I think that when you have spent the morning licking another dogs bum-hole, you have to do something to get rid of the taste

Gosh sounds like the hierarchy in my last permie job...
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X