• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Financial advice required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial advice required

I am not a whizz when it comes to all this stuff, like some of youse guys

The scenario - Me and the missus are going on a big trek to Europe this summer and we need about 3k worth of euros
    given the situation with greece, our election, etc etc

when would be the best time to buy the currency

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Best time to buy would be about 2 years ago.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH
      factually, I find it hard to fault you. But in practical terms you are about as much use as a pencil sharpener on Alpha Centurii

there...Ive said it

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Why not look at it the other way around? See what the currencies are doing around the time and then decide where to go on holiday.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

why do you need so much cash ?

why not just draw from the whole in the wall when you need it ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH
            Get your own jokes.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/1061841-post3.html

:P
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              I am not a whizz when it comes to all this stuff, like some of youse guys

The scenario - Me and the missus are going on a big trek to Europe this summer and we need about 3k worth of euros
              given the situation with greece, our election, etc etc

when would be the best time to buy the currency

Just backpack round Europe and pay your way with "favours"

HTH
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Why not look at it the other way around? See what the currencies are doing around the time and then decide where to go on holiday.
                because the missus hates holidays, but she loves planning them.
                In an ideal world, she could plan six holidays a year and then I could cancel them all and save a fortune

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

I gave up worrying about the difference that exchange rates can make when you go on holidays. I know it's a kick in the nuts sometimes but you can't stress about things like this that are out of control.

After all, how much difference is it going to make? £20, £100? Won't likely be more than that on a £3,000 exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    because the missus hates holidays, but she loves planning them.
                    In an ideal world, she could plan six holidays a year and then I could cancel them all and save a fortune

In my books, anything which involves planning is no longer a holiday but work. We never book more than a week beforehand and sometimes we just get in the car and set off southwards. Stop off somewhere in Deutschland for the night then keep driving to Italy and we’ve never failed to end up somewhere good.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X