• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winner and Losers of 2005

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winner and Losers of 2005

UK Awards

Winner: Tony Blair after securing a third Labour victory, winning the Olympics for London, leading the G8 to a wide ranging debt relief for Africa, Presidency of the EU (which opened way to Turkey joining and the new EU budget...) and resolute in seeking to defeat terrorists everywhere.

Loser: George Galloway. All big on talk and no action or substance. Where is he? What goes around comes around

International Awards:

Winner: Billy Graham - Delivered what may be his last event this year, no man in history has taken the Gospel of Jesus Christ to more people than he has.

Loser: Al-Zarqawi- out of ideas, out of volunteers, out
    manoeuvred, outclassed, out played and soon will be out of luck.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Loser: George Galloway. All big on talk and no action or substance. Where is he? What goes around comes around
    Milk and cookies keeping you awake Chico ?

Yet more nonsense from the caped crusader Im afraid.

GG is enjoying his huge financial victory after suing The Telegraph for their lies about taking moeny from Saddam, he challenged in turn the US Senate to take him court for their lies and they have chickened out.

Winner Twice over.

And there was an election victory ,won an independent seat from the evil NL for the Respect Party.

Winner three Times.

Some loser eh ?
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 28 December 2005, 11:40.

Comment

Alfred

"You can tell a lot about a man by the people he regards as his heroes."

ChicoQuickRiposte.com
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
        UK Awards

Winner: Billy Graham - Delivered what may be his last event this year, no man in history has taken the Gospel of Jesus Christ to more people than he has.
        What him...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Alfred

ChicoQuickRiposte.com
          Well Chico old bean ,you are the one who are naming heroes!

I merely drew your attention to the fact that GG can hardly be termed a loser, whatever you think of him he is certainly courageous, but as it happens I dont have any heroes, not in this world.

The Three Men I admire the Most
          Are The Father
          The Son
          And the Holy Ghost

Comment

Winner: Tony Blair after securing a third Labour victory
            Nuf. Said.

Comment

I seem to remember espousal by a certain Chico London of a self proclaimed "father of the internet". Such a major figure, he appears to have stopped proclaiming and disappeared from it altogether.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                I seem to remember espousal by a certain Chico London of a self proclaimed "father of the internet". Such a major figure, he appears to have stopped proclaiming and disappeared from it altogether.
                The Lord God is the father of us all, and of the internet too. His son, our saviour, disappeared too but rose again at Easter.

At this time of universal worship, it is unworthy to criticise the religion that puts the turkey on your plate and the brandy butter up your bum.
                Last edited by Jabberwocky; 28 December 2005, 14:34.

Comment

Winners & Losers

Winners

Anyone on the ponse, criminals (including politicians) & the politically correct.

Losers

As usual, law abiding taxpayers.

Comment

Winners

England cricketers, Welsh RU, New Zealand RL, Ricky Hatton, New Zealand RL, Chelsea

Losers

Australia cricketers, Australia RU, Australia RL, Australian boxer Kostya Tszyu, British Lions, Man Utd, French Olympic Committee

Comment

Working...
                    X