• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration programme on telly last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigration programme on telly last night

Anyone see the mongs trying to take on the jobs the immigrants currently do?

What a waste of skin and fresh air those people were...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Presenter sminki (NSFW)
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8533172.stm

Terry's absent teammate wasn't the only one - of the four British workers who received an afternoon's training at an Indian restaurant, only one made it to the restaurant for their first shift. Two had contracted food poisoning, which they later provided doctor's notes for. The third said he had gone to take his ill girlfriend to the hospital.
      Sums it all up really

As much as I agree with the sentiment that immigrant labour has been used at the expense of British workers, this sort of thing just proves how useless dole scum can be
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        Anyone see the mongs trying to take on the jobs the immigrants currently do?

What a waste of skin and fresh air those people were...

WHS but .... it was a bit ITV/Trevor McDonald like for the BBC. They picked obvious numpties, and you'd have to be a numpty to agree to be filmed and obviously setup for a TV program. I felt sorry for the lad serving in the Indian as he was the only one thick enough to turn up.

It did raise some serious issues though. How long can the main parties stick their fingers in their ears and avoid the fact that immigration and race will be a big factor in the upcoming election.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          WHS but .... it was a bit ITV/Trevor McDonald like for the BBC. They picked obvious numpties, and you'd have to be a numpty to agree to be filmed and obviously setup for a TV program. I felt sorry for the lad serving in the Indian as he was the only one thick enough to turn up.
          So turning up for work is "thick"?
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

I thought the fella being taught maths by his 11 year old daughter was particularly classy...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              So turning up for work is "thick"?
              No, he was willing to have a go and that is why I felt sorry for him. But the program obviously set him up to fail and look stupid. There was never going to be anything in it for him. Anybody with any brains would of steered well clear of the setup.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                No, he was willing to have a go and that is why I felt sorry for him. But the program obviously set him up to fail and look stupid. There was never going to be anything in it for him. Anybody with any brains would of steered well clear of the setup.
                I thought that the point of the programme was to show that British workers were as capable and willing as their foreign counterparts.
                The fact that 3 out of 4 workers didn't turn up for the first day of work thanks to "notes from their mums" demonstrates how lazy people can be.

Of course, the editorial team could have carefully screened applicants to make sure that people who genuinely wanted to demonstrate ability to work were in the minority
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

The best thing that can be done from many of these people is to keep them as far away from the wealth creating populous as possible. DO NOT encourage Chantelle or Pocahontas to pop sprogs by giving them free houses and offset both the cost and birth-rate by giving tax relief on earned income to married couples that breed like rabbits.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the next episode where the fat farmer is being roasted on a spit.

Comment

Working...
                    X