• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you answer your phone (when looking for a new gig)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you answer your phone (when looking for a new gig)?

I got hung up on by a blocked phone number that just called me up. I am looking for a new gig at the moment so it can only have been a pimp that decided they didn’t like the way I said “hello” when answering my own phone.

How do you answer your phone when pimps phone you up? Do you just say “hello?” or do you put on your best secretarial voice and answer with “MyLtdCo – how can I help?”
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

I just say "Heello" emphasising the e. They normally just ask if I am who they are calling.

Sometimes I say “Hello Hawkeye speaking” but only when I am in a really good mood.

Comment

Used to say my name but now just say hello. don't want to give pimps too much info do I?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I say 'hello my referances are'....tell them and then they can hang up as they have got what they wanted
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuup"
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuup"
            Have you killed Arthas yet?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

'ello.

Note to OP: it might have been a ghost call (e.g., by a predictive dialler) or did you hear someone in the background?

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                'ello.

Note to OP: it might have been a ghost call (e.g., by a predictive dialler) or did you hear someone in the background?
                Heard someone in the background – think it was a pimpess

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Have you killed Arthas yet?
                  Nowhere near.

We're a bit crap really.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    Heard someone in the background – think it was a pimpess
                    Fair one. That's just rude!

Comment

Working...
                    X