• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I see the EU are focussing on important issues...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the EU are focussing on important issues...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/8536833.stm

Rhubarb grown by candlelight in an area of Yorkshire known as the Rhubarb Triangle has been given European protected name status.

Yorkshire Forced Rhubarb has been added to the list, which includes Champagne and Parma Ham, of foods and drinks to have their names legally protected.

The vegetable is grown at farms in the geographical triangle between Leeds, Wakefield and Bradford.

It becomes the 41st British product to be added to the list.

Yorkshire Forced Rhubarb joins the likes of Grimsby Smoked Fish, Swaledale Cheese and West Country Cheddar in getting Protected Designation of Origin status from the European Commission's Protected Food Name scheme.

It's important if you're a Rhubarb growing, whippet bothering, pigeon fancier.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Good money in growing forced rhubarb.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
      X