• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here like f**tball

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to hide the conversation as apparently any mention of the f word gets a one way ticket to LR. Anyone would think Admin and the team were IT geeks not into a healthy game of f**tball.

Anyway, if you are lacking a good conspiracy story in your life, cast your eye(s) over this one

http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...-ref-ptii.html

I thank you and goodnight

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Light Relief
    For anything not too serious, now including sports-related banter and polls!.
    If it's any consolation, you're right - as my cricket threads stay in General...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      If it's any consolation, you're right - as my cricket threads stay in General...
      Cheers, I'm building up my case for victimisation here.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

No. Next.

Comment

Awwwwww come on this is getting frickin ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Yeah, but cricket's not really a sport is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Yeah, but cricket's not really a sport is it?
                Any activity that requires winner to get more 'points' than the other is surely a sport. the exception to this rule is where points are scored based on 'style' (i.e. subjective scoring). Classic examples of sports are obviously football, cricket, water polo, etc. Non sports will include ski jumping (it's not just distance, but how well you fly/land), ice skating and dressage.

There are other rules (do you sweat, do you wear long trousers, is it played outdoors, can you drink alcohol and or smoke during the activity) that will provide further clarification (i.e. darts is not a sport (it's a game) and therefore neither is archery as it's outdoor darts, nor curling as it's darts on ice).

Non-sports can be further categorised into hobbies and pastimes.

I have registered the website www.is-darts-a-sport.co.uk but haven't got round to putting on it yet, but watch this space...
                Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Fartball?

It's been a while since those days in the poly rugby club bar, when ping pong balls were blown across the table by the power of flatulence, but I suppose it was fun in a puerile kind of way. I don't think it'll catch on as an olympic sport though, and it's certainly not as entertaining as the farty flamethrower game.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Sorry Incognito, could not resist moving this one to LR as well

Admit it was a bit unfair so this one back in General now to sink or swim as readership dictates.

Comment

Working...
                    X