• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why me? I must be a magnet for loons!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why me? I must be a magnet for loons!

I'm walking along, minding my own business, and just about to cross the road. I see a white van coming, but the road curves sharply away, so I know it's OK to start crossing. Yet it suddenly dawns on me the driver is carrying on towards me, as if to turn into the path I'm on, but I know he can't as there is no road there, it's blocked by a bicycle rank, but I stop all the same. Then I realise he is going to turn, so I jump back to avoid being run down, and driver grinning maniacally at me, i.e. not looking where he is going, crashes into the bicycle rank, crushing several bicycles, and wrecking his van. I take a few steps back and watch his expression change to one of shock. Next, suddenly, he's shouting at me in Polish or something. I get the distinct impression it's supposed to be my fault. I ask you: Why me? I must be a magnet for loons!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    ...... he's shouting at me in Polish or something. I get the distinct impression it's supposed to be my fault......
    Don't you just hate that!!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      I'm walking along, minding my own business, and just about to cross the road. I see a white van coming, but the road curves sharply away, so I know it's OK to start crossing. Yet it suddenly dawns on me the driver is carrying on towards me, as if to turn into the path I'm on, but I know he can't as there is no road there, it's blocked by a bicycle rank, but I stop all the same. Then I realise he is going to turn, so I jump back to avoid being run down, and driver grinning maniacally at me, i.e. not looking where he is going, crashes into the bicycle rank, crushing several bicycles, and wrecking his van. I take a few steps back and watch his expression change to one of shock. Next, suddenly, he's shouting at me in Polish or something. I get the distinct impression it's supposed to be my fault. I ask you: Why me? I must be a magnet for loons!
      Clearly he couldn't see the road (or bike rack) past your walloping gut, slim.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

This is why I never rely on GPS when driving.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well thats 2000 zlotys wasted

I'll hire a professional next time

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Poison a few pies next time, he's bound to buy and devour one of them. WAATP.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Poison a few pies next time, he's bound to buy and devour one of them. WAATP.
              heh heh.
              Threadeds tale reminded me of an incident in Hale Manchester, last winter. It had been raining heavily and there were puddles in the road, so I was wary about getting a soaking.
              There was a traffic warden 100m ahead of me, a long line of cars adjusted their speed and swerved, to make sure they all got the bstid. heh heh.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Cars and vans are hopeless if you want it to look like an accident.

So I'm told, that is.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

How much of a gravitational pull does Threaded's body have on a van I wonder?

Comment

Working...
                    X