• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gaddafi: 'Jihad against Switzerland'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaddafi: 'Jihad against Switzerland'

Sminki

OK, the Swisses can be a bit boring at times and some lack a sense of humour, but a Jihad is a bit harsh.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Switzerland is one of the last European democracies and that pisses him off.

Comment

Libya's relations with Switzerland broke down in 2008 when one of Colonel Gaddafi's sons, Hannibal, was arrested in a Geneva hotel and charged with assaulting a member of his staff.

Hannibal.
      hohohohho hahahhaa heheheh
      eeh, I got tears in my eye from laughing. Hannibal.

Just wait till I tell my son Caractacus about this, he'll laugh his head off

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Makes as much sense as having a jihad against the wombles.

Really, what's the point?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          Makes as much sense as having a jihad against the wombles.

Really, what's the point?
          I suspect the clue was in the report - 'rambling'

That might be code for 'drunk as a lord'

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I was listening to the the Mark Thomas show The Manifesto on R4 last night.

The most popular proposition was to invade the Channel Islands in order to reposess all the government buildings that were sold of and leased back under PFI deals with property companies that turned out to be offshore tax avoidance schemes.

Did you know that the HMRC offices in London were sold off under this scheme. The company involved is based offshore and pays no tax in the UK. HMRC cannot even claim back the VAT they pay on the Rent. Apparently someone thought this was a good idea at the time.

From there the plan was to to use Gurnsey as a jumping off point to invade Switzerland, possibly using Viking Long boats.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

He criticised a recent Swiss vote against the building of minarets and said Muslims must boycott the country.

That's never going to catch on.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

That's never going to catch on.
                In other words, Arab sheiks and Libyan oil traders must stop putting their money in Swiss bank accounts. Have you forgotten your pills again Mr Gadaffi?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'd laugh if the Swiss said, okay then, go ahead with your Jihad and we'll just freeze all your bank accounts
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I'd laugh if the Swiss said, okay then, go ahead with your Jihad and we'll just freeze all your bank accounts
                    What a delightful avatar Mr Darmstadt. Does she live nearby?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X