• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shamu Shamu Shamu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shamu Shamu Shamu

Why no thread on here about that that Killer Whale that dragged its trainer into the water in Sea World and killed her. I'll be damned if I can find any decent footage on the Internet anywhere. You're not telling me someone somewhere didn't have their camcorder rolling.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Why no thread on here about that that Killer Whale that dragged its trainer into the water in Sea World and killed her. I'll be damned if I can find any decent footage on the Internet anywhere. You're not telling me someone somewhere didn't have their camcorder rolling.
    Have you tried sickandwrong?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Not sure I want to see a young woman being tragically killed by a giant dolphin.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

There was a nice documentary on the other night about Luna the killer whale who became tame in the wild, playing with boats and greeting people. Course in the end he was minced up by a propeller.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,187537,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          There was a nice documentary on the other night about Luna the killer whale who became tame in the wild, playing with boats and greeting people. Course in the end he was minced up by a propeller.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,187537,00.html
          I watched that too. Nice.

Comment

Apparently it was her pigtail the whale took exception to and grabbed in its mouth. Or maybe the opposite - perhaps the whale was fascinated by its appearance and texture.

Or possibly it thought her hair was a piece of seaweed, or some parasite like a giant barnacle stuck to her head, and was trying to do her a favour by dislodging it.

Who knows what goes through a whale's mind?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Apparently it was her pigtail the whale took exception to and grabbed in its mouth. Or maybe the opposite - perhaps the whale was fascinated by its appearance and texture.

Or possibly it thought her hair was a piece of seaweed, or some parasite like a giant barnacle stuck to her head, and was trying to do her a favour by dislodging it.

Who knows what goes through a whale's mind?
              He's done it before.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

He's done it before.
                So anyone else who goes in the water with him should have a large pair of scissors in their belt, ready to snip off their hair if the brute grabs it (rather like those scissors on the walls in cotton mills, ready for use if any of the workers got their hair caught in the machinery)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

last saw the shamu show a couple of years ago

just broken out the "I survived the Shamu show" t-shirts from the loft for the kids to wear again

Comment

If a dog had done that, it would have been put down on the spot. But a whale with a prior history of attacks..nooooooooooooooo.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X