• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Horror! Oh The Horror!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Horror! Oh The Horror!

They're finally going to throw away all my and my predeceased predecessor's carefully horded junk.

I is devastated.

Life will never be the same again.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    They're finally going to throw away all my and my predeceased predecessor's carefully horded junk.

I is devastated.

You need to quickly hide the lot of it..... just chuck out all the Tulip thats clogging up your desk drawers, filing cabinets, desk footwells, store rooms, corridiors etc and hide all your stuff there.......

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      You need to quickly hide the lot of it..... just chuck out all the Tulip thats clogging up your desk drawers, filing cabinets, desk footwells, store rooms, corridiors etc and hide all your stuff there.......
      But leave a bit of (more) useless tat in place to give them the impression that they've cleared you out...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

But what about all those cunning plans that relied on that junk as a source of parts?

Is this the end of the GAL invasion force?

Will ZG manage to hide his junk and fool the authorities?

All these questions and more will be answered in next weeks episode of...

Who Ate All The Students?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

I is devastated.

People used to ask me why I kept an old x-ray tube carefully stuffed away in a box with lots of other old tubes, and I used to tell them that one day I might well need it.

Well, as it so happens one day someone came to me with a very sick parrot and I was able to build an x-ray machine from junk, took this photo and an emergency vet used it to save his life.

So, you just tell them: NO!
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            But leave a bit of (more) useless tat in place to give them the impression that they've cleared you out...
            You are the type who leaves one or two glaring mistakes in your documents
            to satisfy the reviewers aren't you? Works for me.
            Last edited by OrangeHopper; 26 February 2010, 17:22.

Comment

I still haven't gotten around to throwing out thise VC/VB 6.0 MCSD training kit, and COM books, etc.

I found old copies of Oracle's magazine the other day; I don't even use Oracle anymore.

I'm due for a good clean out. Last one was in January when I threw away copies of the now defunct Trader Monthly Magazine. I think I had copies going back to late 2006.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                I still haven't gotten around to throwing out thise VC/VB 6.0 MCSD training kit, and COM books, etc.

I found old copies of Oracle's magazine the other day; I don't even use Oracle anymore.

I'm due for a good clean out. Last one was in January when I threw away copies of the now defunct Trader Monthly Magazine. I think I had copies going back to late 2006.
                And now, I don't have any of them.

There is something curiously therapeutic about throwing things out. It has a sort of Zen feeling to it.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  I have copies of "Program Now" and "EXE" upstairs.

I've got a few copies of EXE.

I also have an extensive collection of Personal Computer World spanning three decades. The oldest has the TRS-80 on the cover; I think it was the fourth issue, dated September 1978

My oldest issue of Byte appears to be the May 1985 one.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    People used to ask me why I kept an old x-ray tube carefully stuffed away in a box with lots of other old tubes, and I used to tell them that one day I might well need it.

Well, as it so happens one day someone came to me with a very sick parrot and I was able to build an x-ray machine from junk, took this photo and an emergency vet used it to save his life.

So, you just tell them: NO!
                    Threaded, I find it hard to believe that you can get all so excited over a Cockatoo.
                    HAB , maybe

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X