• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mmmm... square lock problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmm... square lock problem

I live in a block of flats where to open the door to the rubbish area you use just a bit of T shaped metal 'key' for want of a better description - it just has a simple square crossection shape and you just use it to turn open the door, which doesnt have a handle...

Anyone know what these are called / where to get one? I dont fancy leaving rubbish outside and the neighbours are all drunk....
    Vieze Oude Man

Friendly update - anyone caught in a similar predicament, an 8 x 150 screwdriver makes an adequate replacement, but looks rather threatening to a passer by...
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

good lord mcquiggd, where's this? beruit?

Comment

Blimey mcquiggd, where did it all go wrong? I leave that sort of thing for the butler to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          but looks rather threatening to a passer by...
          Maybe not such a bad thing......Prevention better than cure......

Comment

Mr Pine - New Town, Edinburgh .... not exactly down market but I have been assaulted 3 times in two years... Neighbours are more likely drunk on Krug than Magners.... flats across the road start at £450k for a 2 bedroom...

Mr Box - why have a butler when you have a maid...? but I couldnt send her out in the cold, not in that skimpy little uniform she loves to wear while she whispers in an Eastern European accent and polishes the family jewels....

Mr Soles - they offer free condoms at the family planning - might even be able to order online (hadnt thought of that before...)
            Last edited by mcquiggd; 28 December 2005, 22:22.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Ah, so you live on an estate for executive thugs and lowlifes. That's alright then.

Comment

Yep - a lot of bankers round my neck of the woods....

Royal Bank of Scotland
                Halifax Bank of Scotland
                Bank of New Zealand
                Lloyds Asset Management
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

next time you're in bearsden, pop in mcquiggd and i'll show you the civilised side of scottish society

Comment

Working...
                  X