• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Are There So Many Jerks In Fianance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Are There So Many Jerks In Fianance

Ok I work in IT and on the desk generating reports and sucking and processing data - I ve done this at a number of banks and without fail (even at GS) the people on the desk are on average and to a large extent total jerks!!

They will claim stuff is crucial when its not - Send emails asking for explanations of why reports are not on time and not bother reading responses and generally not answer any questions you might have instead expecting you find out for yourself

Is this normal in all IB's?? I might seriously think about joining RBS.

FWIW I m currently at BNP Paribas having turned down an offer from SocGen about 8 months ago - I am wondering whether to get out of finance and jump onto a SC goverment contract

joey122 == Wilmslow v2

Comment

Problem with the French banks is that it can get a bit wiffy out on the floor towards the end of the week. Good nosh there IIRC.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
      X