• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it better now than it was 1 year ago ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it better now than it was 1 year ago ?

Got bumped from my last contract almost a year ago, couldn't get any new contracts at all. As I didn't have the cashflow to sit anything out, I went back permie, and even that was difficult to get ! I made the decision not to even look at the contract market for a year, and just get my head down in the new job, such was the experience last year. I'm now tentatively starting to raise my head above the parapet, so the question is "How is the IT contract market now, compared to about a year ago ?". Any advice, gratefully received.

It's still bad. I would stay where you are.

Comment

It's just like the last IT recession in 2001, except the 03/04 recovery hasn't happened yet.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

It is not good and there is a real chance of a double dip.

Comment

Thanks all for taking time to reply, Ill go back into my hole now.

Comment

SY01 sockie sniffer v1.0

scanning .....

test result ..... negative.

As you were.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
            X