• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another de-benching?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another de-benching?

Well, I won't believe it myself until I've been there a while (been on the bench a year). Poor rate for London and I'll be close to losing money, but it will, I hope, get my brain cells working again...plus get my work record looking acceptable again.
    Any pimps reading this who want to fish, well I won't be answering the phone, so don't bother!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Well, I won't believe it myself until I've been there a while (been on the bench a year). Poor rate for London and I'll be close to losing money, but it will, I hope, get my brain cells working again...plus get my work record looking acceptable again.
    Any pimps reading this who want to fish, well I won't be answering the phone, so don't bother!
    Well done! What do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      Woohoo! A contract in which you'll be close to losing money! Good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        Well done! What do you do?
        thx. I generally work with databases (and applications),whether it be Oracle, sqlserver, Ingres or Mysql. Administration, optimization or data analysis.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Congrats!
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
            Woohoo! A contract in which you'll be close to losing money! Good for you!
            Yes but 'close to' isnt actually losing money is it?
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

thx. I generally work with databases (and applications),whether it be Oracle, sqlserver, Ingres or Mysql. Administration, optimization or data analysis.
              I imagine that means your a DBA? Can I ask what kind of rate it is for London, I am in a similar area except more to do with development...

Comment

Well done MrMark
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  I imagine that means your a DBA? Can I ask what kind of rate it is for London, I am in a similar area except more to do with development...
                  No. No.
                  I'm afraid I'm not going to divulge any more, as I'm sure you get agents lurking hoping to poach.

Comment

Congratulations.

You may not be rolling in the contracting cash just yet but you'll feel better about yourself and it is a step in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                    X