• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expanding your property options - Nuclear Bunker?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expanding your property options - Nuclear Bunker?

Linky
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Would benefit from interior decoration ebay link

Comment

A bit too small, but then again it is pretty cheap.

Not sure location is smart - putting it on top of the hill to watch nuclear explosion with the wave hitting the hill in any case can cause the hill to be somewhat lowered...

Comment

If i had a spare 14K i'd be kind of tempted. Nice part of the world, i could buy some Llamas to graze the land and i'm sure there's loads of people who'd pay for the novelty of a couple of days self catering in a bunker.

Comment

The decommissioned cold war bunker, built in 1959 into a field in the Peak District, has attracted hundreds of hits.

Comment

Quite a few former nuclear bunkers are now secure data centres. Can't get much more secure than that, with full EMP protection etc.

This one does seem a bit on the small side though, probably smaller than a portacabin - unlike this place that looks like something out of Bond.

http://royal.pingdom.com/2008/11/14/...-bond-villain/

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
              Quite a few former nuclear bunkers are now secure data centres.
              Good plan.

There is just one problem - the only connection to that bunker is a BT line, probably safe to say it is miles away from any exchange, here is what the ebay link says:

"There is a BT line to a telephone in the bunker. However, communication would have been via teletalk (as seen in the photo). "

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                Quite a few former nuclear bunkers are now secure data centres. Can't get much more secure than that, with full EMP protection etc.

This one does seem a bit on the small side though, probably smaller than a portacabin - unlike this place that looks like something out of Bond.

http://royal.pingdom.com/2008/11/14/...-bond-villain/
                From the article

an old nuclear bunker deep below the bedrock of Stockholm city, sealed off from the world by entrance doors 40 cm thick (almost 16 inches)
                Imagine the hassle getting back in if you locked yourself out.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Imagine the hassle getting back in if you locked yourself out.
                  But it would keep the police and the bailiffs out.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

No shower or any kind of washing facilities - ewwwwwww.

Wonder what the temperature levels are year round. Constant or near constant I expect?

Comment

Working...
                    X