• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good party trick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good party trick

• Sit down
    • Rotate one foot, either clockwise or anti clockwise in a small circle. Keep rotating it in the same direction
    • Easy eh
    • Grab a pen and some paper. You are permitted to stop rotating your foot while doing this
    • Now sit down and start rotating your foot again. When you think you have got the hang of rotating your foot like that, write your name on the piece of paper
    • What's the matter with your foot, keep it rotating in one direction, are you a [censored] or something?

• It doesn't help writing slowly in big capital letters either

Comment

Jeez, I thought I was in good health. Need to see the doctor about my foot tomorrow - Its not working right.

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
        Jeez, I thought I was in good health. Need to see the doctor about my foot tomorrow - Its not working right.
        Apparently the same part of the brain controls the same movement, so it has to switch between the two rather than process in parallel. So much for the parallel processing ability of the brain, though I expect their are good evolutionary reasons why foot and hand movements are connected.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          • Sit down
          • Rotate one foot, either clockwise or anti clockwise in a small circle. Keep rotating it in the same direction
          • Easy eh
          • Grab a pen and some paper. You are permitted to stop rotating your foot while doing this
          • Now sit down and start rotating your foot again. When you think you have got the hang of rotating your foot like that, write your name on the piece of paper
          • What's the matter with your foot, keep it rotating in one direction, are you a [censored] or something?

Your parties sound like a riot.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            Your parties sound like a riot.
            Hey, it might work better when drunk. Is there anyone who can try? I'm too poor to buy alcohol.

Comment

My feet don't rotate )c:

does waggling them count?

Comment

Originally posted by Halcyon View Post
                My feet don't rotate )c:

does waggling them count?

Nope. Rotating the head instead appears to reproduce the effect though.

Comment

I thought I'd give this a go. I've just been doing it for an hour up the pub but I can't quite get it right.

My friends seem to have wandered off to chat up the barmaids. In fact, I've just looked and they've gone home.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Nope. Rotating the head instead appears to reproduce the effect though.
                    If you don't mind looking 'special'...

Comment

Working...
                    X