• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joi de Vivre

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joi de Vivre

It's a beautiful morning folks, crisp but sunny. The birds are singing new songs. It must be Spring.

I found my passport photo

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Beautiful day here too (if a bit cold...)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Aye, nice blue sky and sunny.

And then the builders start next door .....
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It's not spring until you see the short(er) skirts and skimpy tops come out.

Comment

For the first time this year. It was properly light when I got to Waterloo. The sun was shining. Woo hoo - here comes summer!
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            It's a beautiful morning folks, crisp but sunny. The birds are singing new songs. It must be Spring.

I found my passport photo

Unfortunately the picture is out of date. These days you can’t even smile for a passport photo. Your picture is also older than when passports were introduced. Passports were introduced during World War I . Prior to that people just travelled without boarder restrictions be it a chat with the customs officials.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              The sun was shining. Woo hoo - here comes summer!
              Very bright and sunny here in leafy (leafless) Surrey, but -1C outside and only 8C inside when I got up this morning because the central heating has died for the third time this winter

Bring on the summer perleeeeeeease......

not before skiing in France next week though

Comment

Lovely and sunny but frikkin' freezing! And my boiler's packed up. Waiting for repair man now...

Comment

For anyone wanting to know what EO looks like...
                  Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  ... that is a remarkably good likeness.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I've had a couple of meeting this morning. Nothing serious, but a chance to get out.

It's a lovely morning. One of the problems of working from home with clients in another country is there is no reason to go out. Apart from going down the shops.

With all the bad weather we've had I've not been going out much at all. I don't think that has been doing me any good. I think I'm going to make more effort to get out first thing in the morning.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X