• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leftover Turkey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftover Turkey

I'm about to use the last of my leftover turkey this evening. Normally I'd curry it up, but as I got given a copy of The Silver Spoon for Christmas, I thought I'd be a bit more adventurous and try the delicious sounding turkey stew with mustard (p. 942), although it was a close call between that and turkey fricassee with porcini (p. 940).

What will you be doing with the last of your left over turkey?

Please, no religious debates on whether there is any documentary evidence that Christ liked poultry dishes or that turkeys evolved from an earlier, more flight-capable species.

If turkeys evolved from a more flight capable species, what evolutionary purpose did it serve to make them easily caught, tasty birds designed for our plate?
    The answer is easy. We breed them and so extend their genes throughout the world.

Sorry couldn't resist. Enjoy your tame bird
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Turkeys as we know them nowadays are from Denmark where they domesticated a bird from America. Wild turkeys can fly.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

In order to inject some more formality into the left overs debate, please take the opportunity to partake in the democratic process here: LB's Leftover Poll. It might be the best democratic opportunity you get in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Turkeys as we know them nowadays are from Denmark where they domesticated a bird from America. Wild turkeys can fly.
          After a few Wild Turkeys I often think I can fly too. > hic <

Comment

Hope you enjojed your turkey. Too pissd to \care...
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X