• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thousands of council jobs to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thousands of council jobs to go

No linky because this has been on BBC front page for a fair few hours now.

What has happened over the past 5 years is the creation of thousands of unnecessary 50K plus manager jobs in the councils. However, when there are inevitable job cuts, these "managers" are the ones responsible to do the cuts. So logic says, they will cut all the front line bin men, social care nurses etc. When the public start moaning, as they should, the council will then raise their arms up and say "I told you so".

Meantime, the managers will be standing by the coffee machine chatting about the neighbour's dog.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Meantime, the managers will be standing by the coffee machine chatting about the neighbour's dog.
    Same 'old same 'ole.

Nothing trebling all taxes won't solve.

Comment

What has happened over the past 5 years is the creation of thousands of unnecessary 50K plus manager jobs in the councils. However, when there are inevitable job cuts, these "managers" are the ones responsible to do the cuts. So logic says, they will cut all the front line bin men, social care nurses etc. When the public start moaning, as they should, the council will then raise their arms up and say "I told you so".

The Labour client state.

I must admit, I'm more-than-a-little impressed by the sheer gall of it.

Comment

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-201003012514/

Comment

They were talking to a bin man on the telly over the weekend who was facing a 1500 drop in his salary. He was stying that this was unfair especially as his job was physically demanding. How hard is it to wheel the (not overloaded) bin to the back of the lorry. When i was a kid, being a bin man was demanding. Picking up those big steel bin and lobbing their contents into the bin wagon.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Still a physical job. Now the wheelie bins are easier, they probably have to do more houses in the same time.

Round where we are, they have to carry the bins for a whole row of about 20 houses down a flight of about 15 steps too.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Didn't the local councils successfully prevent salaries having to be disclosed under the FoIA?

I think they managed to exempt anyone earning under £50k and those that were disclosed, were only done in terms of job title and not specifically their names.

All because they claimed they would potentially attacked by members of the public.

Comment

I'd willingly pay double my council tax if it helped combat the real and growing threat of Climate Change.

I see Lancashire County Council is leading the fight!

Lancashire County Council has launched a new 'programme on a plate' educational resource pack for the Scout and Girlguiding movement within Lancashire.

The pack is designed to educate the younger generation about the modern threat of climate change through a series of fun and interesting activities linked to their existing awards and badges.
                http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/Lancash...uts-and-Guides

Well done Comrades

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Still a physical job. Now the wheelie bins are easier, they probably have to do more houses in the same time.

Round where we are, they have to carry the bins for a whole row of about 20 houses down a flight of about 15 steps too.
                  I often see our binmen jogging to the next bin.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Rem, they nolonger have to worry about "used" needles poking through the bin bag infecting them with HIV... so no more danger money either. However this would take them under the Labour created job/benefits threshold so who knows ...

Comment

Working...
                    X