• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kent Crime Wave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kent Crime Wave

Police in south-east Kent, meanwhile, have reported a spate of snowball-throwing incidents. Seventy-five complaints were made about snowballs hitting people, cars and houses - almost a fifth of all calls received during Wednesday night, they said.
    I daresay the police had quite a dilemma as to whether to charge the miscreants under the prevention of terrorism act or the serious organised crime act.

I thought the "Serious Organised Crime Act" was about dealing with people who sit around doing nothing particularly serious, organised, or criminal?

So I recon it'd be the prevention of terrorism act. 'Cause chasing them would only encourage the little darlings.

Maybe the plod couldn't find a file? I understand they need to open to one to give to the CPS if they accidentally capture someone.

Maybe they don't have snow tires on their nee-naws and the health and safety won't allow them to run on potentially icy surfaces?

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      people who sit around doing nothing particularly serious, organised, or criminal?
      Sounds like me!

Comment

I bet you thought only IR35 and S660a were aimed at contractors?

You want to read some of the new crimes:

"Travelling 1st class without a power point presentation."

"Ability to install GNU/Linux on a laptop."

"Keeping your bank account details on an encrypted partition and forgetting the password." oops that one was RIPA...
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

got really pissed. forget aboot kent .not importanrt really
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
          X