• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A completely unproductive day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A completely unproductive day

Now then, the congregation will be familiar with my habit of posting on CUK, but normally I try to intersperse this with short bursts of productive work that might contribute to the profitability of Clientco. However, today has been one of those days where Clientco’s hallowed departments and processes have conspired against the execution of even one remotely productive task.

I arrived at 0930h CET and set about the usually time consuming process of logging in. Same ritual as normal. Start up computer, drink coffee while waiting. Log into network, drink coffee while waiting. This normally takes up half an hour of my day. However, this morning I was met with the message ‘Your account has expired’. Of course, I set off to the support desk to report this, to be met with the unfathomably stupid question from friend Bob,

Bob; ‘what is your ticket number?’

MTT; ‘I don’t have a ticket number because I can’t log in to get one’

Bob; ‘we can’t help you without a ticket number’

MTT; ‘can you not issue me a ticket number then?’

Bob; ‘no, you must ask your line manager to do this;

MTT goes off to ask line manager to make ticket number, line manager does so, so MTT returns to IT support

MTT; ‘this is my ticket number, can you reactivate my account’

Bob; ‘no, HR must send us a request stating that your contract has been renewed. You must ask your manager to ask HR to send us a request via Siebel’

MTT; (thinking well sod it they’re paying me anyway) ‘hmm, OK’. Off to manager, who sends said e-mail to HR

5 hours of twiddling thumbs later, still nothing. So MTT goes to see Bob again.

Bob says ‘I have just received a request from HR to reactivate your account’.

MTT returns to desk, and logs in. MTT’s network disk has disappeared. So, go to intranet to report incident and get ‘ticket number’. Intranet access fails as account has been buggered up. So, off to IT support again, without ticket number…

shall report back shortly, while wondering how Clientco makes a profit…
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

You're clearly not as important to the running of the organisation as you thought you were...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      You're clearly not as important to the running of the organisation as you thought you were...
      Well, as long as they pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Well, as long as they pay.
        I concur...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Update of my Wilmslowesque day.

Went to Bob to report loss of network disk.

Bob; ‘you must making ticket number in intranet; now you can because your account working now’

MTT; ‘no, my account doesn’t work, I can log in but I can’t log into intranet’

Bob; ‘then you must asking your manager for ticket number bla bla bla

F**k this, I’m going to get my timesheet signed first so Lady Tester can send them an invoice for this shyte.

Comment

C***s the lot of them.

Comment

Working...
            X