• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doing my bit for global warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing my bit for global warming

My house is very old, built in 1600. It has a straw roof. It has been snowing.

I've also got lots and lots of wood I've been chopping up all year for the winter.

I thought, 'If I burn lots of that wood, and get my house warm enough, will it show up as a set of white pixels on google maps?'

Yippe! This room is now at 30 C. Whew, that's warm.

I can see through the windows from the drips off the roof that the snow is melting up top, lovely big icicles are forming. I would go out and look, but it's bloody freezing out there (well apart from my roof).
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded

I've also got lots and lots of wood I've been chopping up all year for the winter.

I thought, 'If I burn lots of that wood, and get my house warm enough, will it show up as a set of white pixels on google maps?'
    In the spirit of scientific enquiry you could try setting the roof on fire.

As you may have problems using your PC for a while, be sure to post the coordinates of your house here first and we'll let you know if any white pixels show up.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
      In the spirit of scientific enquiry you could try setting the roof on fire.

As you may have problems using your PC for a while, be sure to post the coordinates of your house here first and we'll let you know if any white pixels show up.
      Wait a while and one of the locals'll do it for him. "You not be from these parts stranger?"

Fungus

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
        Wait a while and one of the locals'll do it for him. "You not be from these parts stranger?"

Fungus

Squeal like a piggie!

Comment

What with the cold weather, it feels like I've burnt more gas than the Buncefield oil depot this Christmas.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I think it's called "winter", Santa. Surely you of all people should be able to take a bit of chilly weather?

Comment

We've just had the walls insulated. The best £100 of anyone's money, I reckon (you can get grants for anything these day... )
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
                We've just had the walls insulated. The best £100 of anyone's money, I reckon (you can get grants for anything these day... )
                Only 'coz you're old!

Comment

I can see through the windows from the drips off the roof that the snow is melting up top, lovely big icicles are forming. I would go out and look, but it's bloody freezing out there (well apart from my roof).
                  One night the big bad wolf, who dearly loved to eat fat little piggies, came along and saw the first little pig in his house of straw. He said "Let me in, Let me in, little pig or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in!"

"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin", said the little pig.

But of course the wolf did blow the house in and ate the first little pig.

Big Bad Wolf.

PS Going whee whee whee all the way home yet ?

Comment

threaded get a life
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X