• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monday Links from the Bench: Vol. IX

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday Links from the Bench: Vol. IX

Another roundup of the stuff Google didn't tell you:
    • The World's Largest Ball of Paint - " Imagine an ordinary baseball...Now imagine that same baseball with over 22,300 coats of paint on it!"

• Don't **** with Ovid - "This morning, I found out that thousands of dollars of charges had been made on two of my credit cards in the past two days. Now, the identity thieves are sitting in jail. This is how it happened. It involves identity theft, a careless thief, one pissed-off Ovid and lots of luck."

• Golden Gate Bridge Suicide Map - "The first suicide occurred 10 weeks after the bridge opened in 1937."

• Parking garages - Lots of diagrams and photos of… well, parking garages.

• Earthmoving - "You never know when you might want to significantly alter the orbital path of the Earth... Well, it isn't easy."

• My recommended kid games - A list of iPhone apps for young children: "I've downloaded a lot of games and educational apps for my daughter (who is now four and a half) and I've been meaning to write up the ones I think are worth a few bucks and have stood the test of time, and here they are."

• The second post - "This is my second post here…I’ve been an enthusiastic blog reader for several years now and thought I’d look back at some other Second Posts of my long-time favorites."

• transubstantiation - Jamie Zawinski calculates the size of Jesus based on the quantity of communion wafers consumed and communion wine drunk through history.

• 40 Things That Only Happen In The Movies - "15. All grocery shopping involves the purchase of French loaves which will be placed in open brown paper bags (Caveat: when said bags break, only fruit will spill out)."

• The Effects of a Global Thermonuclear War - "There is much public misconception concerning the physical effects of nuclear war… Nonetheless, there is no reasonable basis for expecting results radically different from this description."

Happy invoicing

Would you like to play Global Thermonuclear War?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Would you like to play Global Thermonuclear War?
      Wouldn't you like a nice game of chess?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
      X