• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Movie scenes that make you grimace

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie scenes that make you grimace

I thought about this while watching Saving Private Ryan yesterday. There are some scenes I just cannot stomach.

1) Saving Private Ryan:- The knife scene towards the end when the Nazi soldier kills the american. Sheer voilence and pure death.

2) Apocalypse now:- The one legged vietnamese clubbed to death by the american soldier.

3) Deer hunter:- Scene where Christopher Walken shoots himself in the head.

Strange that they are all war movies.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Scum, where the kid is being violently buggered by some hardcore crim, turned my stomach..

Also recently went to see 'The Last Station' - movie about Pushkin I think, changed our minds at the last minute and chose 'A Single Man' only to be greeted by two blokes snogging in scene one. Note to self - research....

I had to turn away but then again I am a Double-hard Northern Bastard not in touch with his femininity at all.

Former MCB.....!

Comment

The scene in "The Killing Fields" where they machete that Ox through the neck is a bit spicy.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

American History X - the kerb-stomp

Comment

This fella on a bike, trying to escape a german prison, and he lands on razor wire. Ouch !!!!

Hannibal Lecter partially slicing and cooking, then eating the brain of a wide-awake dinner guest.

A priest getting his head severed by a sheet of glass in a demon child film.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

What about the bit in 'A Man Called Horse' where as a Native American right of passage the hero was hung by his nipples on hooks for like yonks and yonks, totally swinging around....

My (enormous*) breasts hurt....

* I am male.....no PM's please...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              What about the bit in 'A Man Called Horse' where as a Native American right of passage the hero was hung by his nipples on hooks for like yonks and yonks, totally swinging around....

My (enormous*) breasts hurt....

* I am male.....no PM's please...
              And that matters how ?
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                And that matters how ?
                Ahh, u like Big Breasted Men?

I am in touch with my Moobs....

Comment

The seen from Saw II where the judge has his neck pinned to the bottom of a tank which is being filled from freshly sliced and diced rotting pig flesh.

Not to be watched while having your dinner...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Also '10 Rillington Place' where the anti-hero shags dead birds including the then-gorgeous but now botoxed-up Judy Geeson, wänk-tastic in 1970-odd but not now in 'To Sir With Love II'

Still in that movie Lulu is still worth one provided she can really reduce my cholesterol level....

Comment

Working...
                    X